Why join Westport?
Westport Power is the global leader in natural gas engines and holds the industry’s most comprehensive patent portfolio of robust, reliable, clean and efficient engine technologies. Our extensive market and industry knowledge includes high performance gaseous-fuelled vehicles, engine development, fuel tanks and on-vehicle system engineering, fuel stations, service and support. Westport currently has strategic alliances with three of the world's top four engine producers and suppliers, six of the world’s top ten truck producers and seven of the world's top ten automotive OEMs.
Come join the team that is changing the future in the clean energy vehicle industry!
What can you expect in the Functional Lead, Fuel Systems Test position?
Functional leadership of Fuel Systems (FS) Test Lab. Technical leadership of FS quality control, inspection, assembly, performance testing and durability testing. Maintenance and continuous improvement of test equipment. Focused on Westport’s HPDI (High Pressure Direct Injection) injectors, but includes all on-engine Fuel Systems components.
- Manage a team of technologists and technicians
- Provide technical guidance to the FS test lab team
- Provide Fuel Systems Development team with efficient test and analysis support
- Maintain high pressure hydraulic and gas test equipment
- Troubleshoot and direct repair activity when necessary
- Maintain preventative maintenance logs and databases
- Maintain shop supplies, tools and instrumentation related to test rigs
- Inspect, analyze and troubleshoot fuel system components
- Document assembly and test procedures
- Lead continuous improvement of test methods to deliver precise and accurate data – directing and reporting of gage R&R tests
- Create P&ID for development and durability test equipment
- Design test rig fixtures and assembly jigs
- Assemble, test and modify prototype FS components, including those with specialist instrumentation
- Manage parallel tasks and provide updates to management
- Lead lab organization (5S principles)
What background will make you successful?
- A Mechanical Engineering degree or Technologist diploma
- Experience of managing a small technical team
- 5 - 10 years experience with transportation, millwright or mechanical systems
- Knowledge of failure analysis process
- Knowledge of Product Development process and reporting
- Experience with data acquisition systems, instrumentation and data analysis
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Aptitude for diagnosing and repairing problems in fluid systems
- Must be a strong team player and able to succeed in a dynamic work environment
- Knowledge of design (Pro-Engineer) and programming (Visual Basic, Labview) would be an asset
How to submit your interest?
To apply for this exciting opportunity at Westport, please submit your resume and cover letter to our Corporate Recruitment team in confidence by clicking the “Apply” link above. While we thank you in advance for your interest and application, please be advised that we will only be responding to candidates selected for further consideration.